12 December 2008

Chay's Cosy Cottage

To save the trouble of reading through the chatbox for everyone, I will summarise the current situation...

For our traditional x'mas gathering this year, we are going to Chay's Cosy Cottage, located at Teck Whye. The venue is more or less confirmed but what we really need is a date.

Chay's has given us the following options:
1. 19th Dec (Friday)
2. 20th Dec (Sat)
3. 21st Dec (Sunday)
4. 27th Dec (Sat)
5. 28th (Sunday)

Your preference would be preferred (pun not intended) by tonight - I quote Chay, "Voting will end 12/12 midnight".

Activity will likely be potluck (dinner), games (public transport strongly encouraged), gift exchange.

Potluck solves the problem of food. We won't need a committee to go marketing for fishball and prawns. Everyone will just bring something for dinner. HJ (and if I remember correctly Lunzi) have some booze at home and I think that should suffice. At this point, I should add that HJ is a changed man since I knocked him out with Chivas last year at the rugged chalet. He can now drink Jack Daniel without batting an eyelid and even keeps some stock at home. He is now the new Liquor King of the group. Haha!

The gift exchange will be a simple lucky draw style and your gift should be in the range of $15 to $20. Your partners are defintely welcomed to the party, but do ensure that every individual has a gift for the lucky draw. I've already bought my gift, so its time to go shopping if you haven't.

That's about it. Once we settle on the date, the party is ready to blast!

No comments: