16 December 2008

Gift Exchange

Now that the date is mostly set to be 19th Dec (Friday), that just means that you have 3 effective days left for shopping... I would think that with years of experience doing gift exchanges in this gang, we should all know roughly what are the "expectations" of a "proper" gift. Nonetheless, here are some guidelines...

1. Unisex. The gift should be suitable for a guy or a girl recipient. Means no undergarment or pink earphones or bright purple butterfly-shaped hairclip... That will also mean no suggestive items - I have personally received a wooden sculpture in the shape of a dick (ah, yes... the man's reproductive organ) in a lucky draw gift exchange 2 years ago with an all male group. I swear I won't be too amused if it went to my girlfriend.

2. No food. Nothing along the line of edible items. Means no chocolates or candies or peanuts... Drinks should be okay? I do think a bottle of wine makes a fantastic gift. I don't think people will be giving $19.90 worth of Coca-Cola as presents...

3. Budget for the gift ranges from SGD 15.00 and above.

4. Wrap the gift. An unwrapped present is simply rude, plus the fact that the lucky draw will want some suspense involved. If possible, make it difficult to guess whats your gift. And so, you should also try to get your present alone or with non-members of this organisation.

Yirong has volunteered to plan for games, so any ideas regarding games, go to her. I have a feeling "Murderer" is going to be part of the programme already... Haha! Meanwhile, Chay will send out a SMS to confirm the date and time soon. If you don't receive any, means you are not invited! ............................................ Haha! No lah.. Just means that Chay is too busy and might have forgot about you. In that case, give me an sms and I will feed you the information.

No comments: