17 April 2006

familiar stranger

I was half way thru writing one entry when my com suddenly hang and i got to reset, without saving 30 mins worth of typing.

Well, shits happen all the time.


Working occassionaly the past few weeks, i have been travelling around. Although most of the time i will have the company of my mp3 player, i usually spend the time reflecting on my past 20 years. ( sidetrack abit, when i ask a senior cadet how i can improve on my teachings and instead of giving me constructive comments, he pointed to me and said loudly "go reflect on yourself!'' interesting how youngster can be so rude these days. Dun ever ask me go reflect, cause i have reflect well enough to lose alot of hair. )

Many thoughts came in mind and many people who i haven see for years suddenly appear. I shall refer to them as the "familiar stranger". Haha, my england not bad ar, manage to use oxymoron in the blog.


Friend 1:

A male who i know since 1995. Classmates for a 2 years in pri sch and 2 years in kss. I was sitting in limbang mac chilling after cycling round the neighbourhood when he greeted me with a loud "eh" and a wave. He seems to have put on a few kg when i last saw him. Guess he is waiting for the new sch term to start. Didnt ahve much time to interact with him.

Friend 2:

Another male who i know since 1994. Was a tution classmate for quite sometime and classmate for pri and sec sch. Bumped into him when i was having a lunch break at bras basah complex. He looks slightly mature and his voice started to squeak when he started speaking. He is now a freelance webpage designer working from home with quite a substantial salary. Although we both are waiting to be enlisting, he seems to be earning alot more while doing alot less. Interesting person, just that i dun have the skills he have.

Teacher 1:

I was at the shop replenishing stocks in the store, when i saw a bunch of junior brats ( the students from the boys sch opp uncle patrick hostel) talking and i heard a familiar voice talking to the them. I glance over the large cupboard and saw my pri 5 form teacher. Although i wanted to call him but i was held back. Just want to mention that he ever scolded one of my classmates that he is a "failure in life" and he throw books on the floor. If his actions were to be publish in the papers, i bet it will create a scene in the education scene. We are only pri sch kids la. Shall stop talking about the past here.


I had 2 trips down SP to set up a booth for the shop that i am working with and deliver stuff to the sudents there. It feels different to go back to the familiar sch with a different objective in mind. This was the second time i am having this feeling. The first was back in the nov of 2004 when my attachment manage ask my to go back to test some polymer resin. The first time he ask me when i entered the office was "hows it feeling to go back just now?"
Seems that all the alumni are emotional when talking about their school.

One more thing before i end, there is this rude freshie who came down to order some stuff and when i told her that we dun accept orders today, she "tsk" me and snatch the paper from me. I feel like telling her " eh hello freshie, i was here studying when you are still in lower sec studying general sci." These kids ar, duno how to respect seniors.

Anyone got any jobs to intro? Willing to work for peanuts. Although i got no gf to f.......eed, but i have to save up abit for my future liao.

Chay

No comments: