11 April 2006

Life is fragile

Hi people, I'm done with 2/3 of my exams. Please clap. Thankew. =D

Although I still have 1/3, I have another day. So I came here to slack awhile.

I have a person on my MSN list whom I don't really talk to. She was my classmate from Sec3-4 (which is some of yours as well) but we never talk to each other except to ask her to help me do survey once. She used to be an outcast in class. People like to bully her, make fun of her. I found her a little weird cos she talks to herself occasionally. Pretty obvious already isn't it? The most significant thing I remembered about her was that Jeremy bullied her so much that her father wrote a letter to him to ask him to stop. Kinda funny at that time.

I can't remember where or whom I heard from that she lived with her father and grandmother only cos her mother passed away. I always thought that her mother passed away when she was super young due to some illness or whatsoever (don't ask me why I thought of this but I just did)

Her MSN nick will always have her blog address and she will also include the title of her latest entry. Today when I came online, I saw this title of her latest entry "My mum's 10th death anniversary and Falling Sick once again.." It got me very curious, so I went to her blog.

She talked about how her mother died. It was totally different from what I thought. First, she wasn't young. A 10 year old primary 4 girl is old enough to feel the pain of losing a mother. Whats worse. Secondly, her mother did not die as peacefully as what I thought. They were knocked down by motorcycle and she saw her mother lying beside her in a pool of blood. I cannot imagine myself seeing someone I know lying in a pool of blood, not to mention MY MOTHER. I think it is damn traumatising.

She wrote this "Thinking back now, the primary 4 girl has become a uni student, and 10 years has passed since her death.. i didnt remember much of the accident now, only remembered that i had a bum on my head (and the doc said that bum might make me stupid, yea right haha) ah, life is soo brittle, u never noe today might b the last day of ur life (touchwood! ) and u might not even live till tml.. so we these alive humans should cherish our 1 and only life, we never noe whats gonna happen 2 us in the next second, next min, next hour.. so i always do my best everyday, afraid 2 regret 4 not doing anything that i should have done in the 1st place.. "

Very thought evoking right? Life is so fragile. Your life and the lives of the people around you.

And today I learnt not to judge people based on the surface. If I had not judged her just based on the surface, I would be so much nicer to her a few years back (not that I was terribly mean to her though but well, you know lah. We all look at her differently)

Look at her "Graduation Night Nightmare - Afraid of being lonely" too.
Sometimes, I will feel lonely and left out by friends. I don't like to be left out. I really don't. And I cannot stand people talking about things which happened w/o my presence becasue I don't like to be left out of things. I feel terrible if I'm lonely. I'm afraid of people walking out on me. And her this post made me feel fortunate. At least my classmates don't make fun of me like that. I think my friends wouldn't walk out on me. =D

Her blog

pEg

No comments: