21 December 2007

Elementary, My Dear Watson

I have solved the case of "Lun's Missing Sleeping Bag Cover"!

On the 16th this month, at around 9am in the morning, Weilun exclaimed a loss of his sleeping bag cover. It was said to be dark blue in colour, with a black nylon string as a fasterner and a carrier. After a thorough search of the entire chalet, the group could not explain how the bag has disappeared into thin air.

Prime suspects, based on the 2 principles: Motive, and the Ability to carry it out.

Mui Hwee. After Friday night, where her sleeping bag has been possessed by M.Jay, she has naturally become more defensive and possessive of her belongings. And in the cold, hard floor of the chalet, her sleeping bag's value trippled that of what she paid for it suddenly. With her sleeping bag being a similar colour as Lun's, she could have taken it by mistake - and with her sleeping in the same corner as Lun, she easily could have.

HJ. He spent a cold Saturday night on the floor, despite sleeping next to Lun. Lun has offered to share the bag, but HJ turned him down. Lun enjoyed warmth and comfort that night, making it possible that HJ could have turned nasty in the middle of the night and harboured evil thoughts. It didn't take him long for him to put a plan together. At daybreak, HJ could have sneak the cover into his pockets, then using Rong as an alibi, dump the cover outside the chalet with the pretext of getting roti prata, knowing that Lun would never search every dustbin in Bukit Batok.

Alright, I am just joking there. No offense to anyone. I am just bored and decided to let my imagination run abit wild. I used to wanna join the Police Force when I was young, you know. Haha!

The culprit: M.Jay. On hanging my jacket back into the wardrobe, I saw a blue fabric dropped on the floor. Then I realised that Lun's sleeping bag cover was with me the whole while! He was sleeping where my bag was, and with the black jacket, black bag, and dark blue cover, I could have dumped everything into my bag and left the chalet. It didn't strike me to fling open the jacket to look for the cover at the chalet, and I know I should bloody had done that. Keke.

The lost has been returned to the owner today. Washed and cleaned, with my jacket of course, I hope I have value added Lun's sleeping bag cover. Next time when I need to share sleeping bag, I know who to ask now. *Wink* And next time, if anyone is missing anything, I will ensure that the rest will perform a "standby-luggage" - the military style of pouring everything out from your bag and laying it out for inspection. Even a packet of tissue must be stripped clean!

And so, the case has been solved. Its not Mui. Not HJ. Its me.

Haha! M.Jay going mad. Anyway, I think J.Lim can't make it on Sunday as he got tuition. 30 Dec is a Sunday. How?

M.Jay

No comments: