05 January 2006

food for thought

Heyo! Yeah, I have thought through Chay's post and hmm, I just have some stuff to say.

I do agree that at our age now, we should be looking for potential life partners and not just go into a relationship for the sake of going into one, for fun or whatsoever. I am someone who wants to marry young too. Remember I wanted 4 kids? In order to have 4 before I reach the "gao ling chan fu" age, I have to start early. But well, a dream is always just a dream. 4 may not be really realistic and feasible but that would be perfect for me.

But have you asked yourself, how do you know if he/she is the RIGHT PERSON, the perfect partner you are looking for? Sometimes we know straight away that he is not the right one. But sometimes, we will think that he seems like the right one before we started the relationship but somewhere along the relationship, one party may feel that somehow, he/she doesn't seem like the right one anymore. Things like that always happen, don't you think so?

And him/her being your perfect one does not mean not mean that you are his/her perfect one. So you die die want him/her just because he/she is perfect to you and you don't care about how he/she feel? Then I will call you a selfish freak. Because you only care about yourself. You only care about satisfying yourself and not him/her.

Some people may have a list of criteria of their perfect partner and wouldn't get attached before he/she can find someone who fits all criteria. That, to me, is not being realistic at all. So far, I haven't (read: haven't) found my dream guy yet. I mean, I certainly have met a number of people who fits certain criteria of my perfect partner but fall short of some. My point is that, it is not possible to find someone so perfect who can let you check all your boxes of your definition of perfect, without any shortcomings you can't stand.

Also, as you grow up, as you age, certain criteria will change. Some of the things which are not so important to you in the past may become important now and vice versa. Don't you all think so too?

I realise that I don't stay single for long. Since my first relationship in sec2, the longest break I had was a year plus from sec3-sec4. And I often wonder why. When I tell myself that I probably should give myself a break from all these, someone had to come into my life and tempt me to go into the vicous cycle again. Well, probably you can tell me that I could have thought through things more carefully and learn to reject people. And that brings me to my point above about many at times, we have to be in it to see if the person is the right one. But then again, I don't jump into any confession from anyone. I still do know how to reject people whom I know confirm not my type. If not, I'll be so busy you know? Hahhaa. Ok, thats just a joke.

Some people are just lucky to be able to find their perfect one very quickly. Some people assume he/she is the one until one or two years down the courtship (that, to me, is worse than realising it sooner). Some people just can't find their perfect one when the reach the "danger zone" age and have to be chinchai liao. Cannot pick and choose anymore. All these are fated and what they call it God's will. Whatever kind of person you may be, I still believe that everything that happens, happens for a reason. You may not be able to see the reason now, maybe not in the near future, maybe not even in your entire life. But I believe that, there IS a reason for everything to happen and there is always a bright side to look at.

And Chay, you made yourself sound like the woman and your other half being the man. Haha. Yes, we have to compromise and accomodate. But definitely not at the expense of one's happiness, be it his or hers. Don't you think so? Life is all about being happy. Smiles make the world go round. No matter what you do, no matter what happen, there is always a reason and something to be happy for.

So after reading this, please smile. For I can feel it.

SMILE.

-ithinkyouknowwhoiam-

No comments: