12 January 2006

News Flash!

NEWS FLASH!
The Straits Times today, 12 January 2006, had a report on the probability of paying for the background music used on personal blogs or websites.
As I understood, the Composers and Authors Society of Singapore (COMPASS) has revealed that in the near future, users may be charged $1000 a year for the rights to use 10 songs or less on the website, $5000 for 11 - 49 songs, and $10,000 for 50 songs and above.
I do not know how many of you have music on your personal blogs or websites, but I think not many of you read newspapers daily. Neither do I. I happened to chance upon today's papers while I was waiting at the hospital for my consultation. So, through this page, I hope to inform all readers about this news, in case you get caught unaware.
For more information, please refer to the Home section, Page H7.
Regards,
Mak

No comments: