12 December 2005

Allocation of Work for Christmas Party

Hi peepz, I'm here to allocate some tasks for our Christmas Party.

Date: 23-24 December 2005
Venue: "Newton Chalet"
255 Bukit Timah Road

LUN [attendance I.C.]- Please ensure that EVERYONE knows about this event. Which means that you will have to personally inform those whom you know/think/assume do not read blog and also those who haven't given a reply. And additional task will be to ensure that attendance is good. And that should include some persuasion.

YIN [present I.C.]- You will be in charge of the exchanging of presents. Please tell all of us how you want the exchangment (is there this word?) to be like. Price of the present etc. All up to you to organise and decide.

I need a PROGRAM I.C. to plan what we are gonna do for the night. That would include games we wanna play etc., a BOOZE I.C to decide what type of liquor we should have (beer, wine, hard liquor or whatever), budget etc.

Either you volunteer yourself or shoot the arrow to someone whom you think fits the job well.

PEG [food and accomodation I.C.]- I will work on your stomachs. No, I wouldn't give all you all your pecs. (Ok, lame) But I will be in charge of food and room. And also, to shoot out more arrows if the need arise.

Just a suggestion, since we are making this a Christmas Party, shall we go all out to make it Christmas-y? Like some decorations in the room and some Christmas-related songs to be played? In that case, I will need a DECOR I.C. who will give us the budget for the decor stuff and buy the stuff. Point to note, this DECOR I.C. must be someone who can come early. Preferably earliest. If not, this I.C. will just have to set the budget, buy the stuff and pass it to me and I will do the decor, since I am in charge of the room as well.

And as for songs, I will be bringing my lappie. So send me the songs (please try and get them and send it to me rather than just telling me the title and expect me to find it). And does anyone have good speakers at home that can bring along also?

Once again, food and room are fully subsidized. Cost of this event will have to depend on the BOOZE and DECOR person and how you intend to transport yourself to the venue.

OH YAH! Photos! I need a CAMERA I.C. too, to capture our fun and beautiful moments. Someone to bring or borrow a digi cam and be in charge of it.

I hope you all will wanna take up the roles of some of the I.C.s I mentioned. I think being in charge of planning something gives you the ownership of the event. We will share the joy if the event is successful and we will share the anger if the event turns out to be not. And also to be fair to everyone. I think its not fair having Me, Lun or ShiYin organising such stuff EVERYTIME. Spreading the roles spreads the anger if something goes wrong. It can be quite stressful to hold everything by yourself. So please hor. Stop being a free-rider if you have always been one.

And also once the arrow has been shot, TIME TO ZO GANG !!

I'm really looking forward to it. I don't know about you all.

pEg

No comments: