28 December 2005

New Dog

Ok, don't be shocked. The reason why we have a new picture is because our old doggie picture is gone. It appears to be a blank thing with a little red cross on the top left hand corner. I think you all know what I mean.

Well, the reason why this is so is because when we initially use this blogskin, we did not host the picture ourself. Meaning to say, the URL to the picture in our template is other people's. And I think that person removed that picture from his/her host or something like that. So, next time, even for your own blogs, host the picture yourself. Just go the template, find any picture's URL and host in into your own photobucket and use the link provided by your photobucket.

There is another reason to host your own picture. Because every picture hosted or even songs being played in a site has a limited bandwidth (should be the correct term). Something like within 24 hours, it can only be accessed a specific no. of time. If everyone using that blogskin is using the original link, then that picture gets viewed more often and maybe other people will not be able to see that picture or hear that song by the end of the day.

Something like that lah. I'm not too sure if I am technically right.

Zhong er yan zhi, next time host your own picture. ANd people like Yirong who refresh our page don't know how many thousand times just to listen to "tian hui". If everyone visitting our blog is like her, by the end of the day, no one can listen to it liao. And to make matter worse, she used the same link to the song for her own blog. But I helped her and let her use it because she doesn't tell anyone about her blog so I presume no one will read it except for herself so it shouldn't be very much affected.

And since I can't get back our old doggie pic, I used a new one.That is Barbie, when she just gave birth, and her 6 little puppies drinking milk from her. Look at her eyes, filled with motherly instincts. Its will be tentative until we get a better picture. (If I said we will use that until we have a 'quan jia fu', that will be damn super long. So we will look for a new picture.)

Also, I added in the only picture I have of Delon. Haha. Had a mini arguement with Yirong over Huijie's birthday. Yes, I admit. I'm sorry I don't know Huijie's and Delon's birthday. I give you 2 the excuse to forget mine too. Only you 2. Haha. Yirong said Huijie's birthday is 15 August which I don't think so cos its my mum's birthday. I will rmb it if its that day. Then she said 15 Oct which I think sounds more right. Then she told me she is quite sure its 15 Aug. But still, I am also quite sure its not. So we both gave up. I will put it as 15 Oct and if its wrong, someone please go to our template and correct it. Thanks.

Ok, this post is pretty dry. I wouldn't even want to read it a second time.

pEg

No comments: