04 November 2005

Things to be done before leaving home for a long long trip

Did quite alot of travelling this few days.

Mon
Took 176 in the evening to west coast. Wanted to go by the beach to walk walk but they fence up the whole beach area and i can’t even go get to see the water let alone touching it. Rather turn off by that incident. Nvm

Then I went over to the bbq pit where we had our bbq 2 years back and the huge rope pyramid. Things might have change quite a bit over that site but memories still live on.

Tue

Walk around CCK that evening but nothing interesting happen.

Wed

Took a bus from my sch to St. Patrick so that I can walk down to East Coast Park. Walk along the beach to enjoy the sea breeze and the dogs. Once in a while there will be female joggers running in groups. Have to beo them tactically and try to act cool so that they wun give me that “dirty” look.

Stop by at the food center and had the heaviest noodle in the world. You know whats that? Want to know? Scroll down to find out.

It is actually more interesting going out for a walk alone.

No need to wait for people who are slow or rushing to catch up fast people.

Can relac and enjoy the scenery and reflect on life. Hmmm

Sounds that future pilot seems quite worried about his safety during his trip over to aus.

Do you know that actually traveling in a car is far more dangerous than taking a plane? Stats have shown that people is more likely to have an accident involving a car than an airplane.

BUT

Quoted from our sec2 maths text which quoted from some guy "There are 3 types of lies: lies, damn lies and stats." Consider.

I had my hesitation about going oversea for my attachment in April. I remember thinking why I have to go oversea when I can stay in Singapore to complete my attachment.

Safety is my top most priority. That time there is this riot and protest against the jap in the city, lots of complain about unhygienic food and the unknown living conditions that I will have to stay for 6 weeks. I still have to live with 2 other people whom I only know for 2 hours and one of them is known to be rather “eccentric”

I still remember how we inspect ourselves to hide any jap products that we carry which is visible fearing that we may be target of the rioters. So all casio watches, jap design t shirts and laptops were well hidden before boarding. I haven heard of the airline before the trip and it is rated 3 stars as compare to Singapore 5 star. The top luggage compartment vibrates badly during takeoff and I had to ask them if it is normal. There will be minor turbulences during the flight but nothing much that will make us worry.

Once we arrive at the airport we have to switch on to the Chinese language mode. Everything is in Chinese, signboards, notices and every other thing. So familiar yet so alien.

I must say that my worries for living conditions are redundant. When we were told that our living are is just right ahead, someone mention that the containers ( foreign workers that live inside in sg) looks quite ok for living, but we were driven over to the high class condo just right beside. J

Thought that we will be treated like normal students on tour but we received foreign talent treatment. I REPEAT, IS FOREIGN TALENT. Finally feel that I am a somebody. Able to discuss technical issues in the factory, talk about Chinese literature, history, politics and social stuff not forgetting FOOD. A really good cultural exchange. Although I only an average student, but I still got that much knowledge to hold a intelligent with a foreigner. Haha, can become WOODY chay already.

I was told again and again not to taste road side food as we cannot confirm their hygiene level. But the food looks so tempting. Bbq squid, mutton and chicken wing, they are telling you to buy them, taste them, devour them. Have to be garang abit to taste if not will waste the whole trip there. You have to imagine that the stall is just right beside the road in which the cars emits very serious pollutants and grey smoke that will coat the ground in fine powders.

Living oversea is not that bad after all. Just take care of yourselves and not to fall sick. If not you will be like me, having a high fever during second week and the feeling will make you homesick easily.

No matter how safe it is the place is, I will settle all my stuff before leaving.

That will include:

  1. Calling up all the important people that is important in my life to inform them that I will be going off and just talk for a while.
  2. Visit relatives, see if they got anything to buy (VERY IMPORTANT!! They will also pass you some money before you leave. Haha.)
  3. Visit places that you always wanted to but no time.

Notice that I didn’t say about allocation of possession if I am unable to come back. Because I got dun have any. Poor student like me only got a PS2 that is mine completely.

Aus can use msn and blog right? After I reach there then realize that I can’t view blogspot over there. Only can use msn to update on everyone.

So tonight evening how? Still haloing? I miss singing Beijing one night. Next time can use the main area then wait till crowded then we go sing. Confirm will create a scene over there.

Oh ya, haven comment on that KTV. Quite tiring, considering that I haven been sleeping for the past 48 hrs. Very paiseh that you all say that I can sing, I usually ask my Sgt. To teach the cadets how to sing songs as I was told that I am monotone and here my friends say that I can sing. THANKS EVERYONE , I AM INSPIRED TO SING. Just that the songs that I choose a bit uncommon and the theme not that positive.

Everyone got so high and I was surprise that our dear rong drank so much. Too much alcohol already.

Someone tampered with my K700i and the bill came up pretty high. I thought someone say he treating the Heineken. Its ok, cause not many occasion that we can sit together.

Before I go, the answer for the quiz is wanton noodle (wanton sounds like one ton right?) But just found out that there are even heavier noodles, that is the two wanton noodles.

I try very hard already.

Chay

No comments: