17 November 2005

What in the world?

WHOA!

i can't believe it! no one has blogged a single thing after me!?! amazing.. everyone so busy ar? whats going on in Singapore now? got some great Xmas clearing sale izzit?? until no one bothers to type online liao..

i have been "advised" by Peg to write something now, better than to write a "read for 5 days" post when i get back.. so i will type what i can for now..

well, like i mentioned before, its exactly 3 hours earlier than Singapore here, so i wake up at about 2am your time and sleep at 7pm your time.. quite crazy, almost got myself killed trying to adjust to the new biological clock in me..

coz you have to understand, the instructors here are as fierce as a tigress protecting her cubs, as powerful as a nuclear missile and as unpredictable as a tsunami.. no joke.. trying to stay awake in their lectures is a necessity for your survival in this course.. and with jet lag and unadjusted body clock, staying awake was hell difficult.. could see everyone in my course fighting with the "Z-monster" during the first few days..

lectures are pretty fun.. well, i guess if u are interested in flying, then it will be fun.. same concept like how chemistry and bio are fun to me but Mathematics aren't.. hahaha.. but it is quite difficult becoz got a lot a lot of things to remember.. your power settings lar, your altitude lar, climb and descend angles lar, banking angles, which meter to read for what readings lar, the headings to fly in, the landmarks on the ground to watch out for, the things to say to the Air Traffic Control and so on.. its really a lot of things, and we really must try to ask the instructors, at the same time praying they won't bite us..

up till now not yet lar..

hahaha..

actually the instructors are not say scarily fierce.. they are fearsome, but not scary.. its like they have this aura around them.. this imaginary purple shade of force field that beams with evil when he is pissed and yet, can shimmer with pleasantry when he wants to be friendly.. an extreme case of extreme PMS everyday.. and the students, us, live in extreme fear every minute..

an example that happened to me.. well, coz for pilots, we have to listen to "Ops Brief" every morning, and it is to be presented by the students.. so as newbies, we had a few day to learn how to conduct a Ops Brief.. 3 days later, SUDDENLY, "POP", the course commander comes in and chit chat with us.. nice.. then SUDDENLY, he questioned us if we are ready to present the Brief..

well, for the guys in SAF already, you would understand already.. for the girls, let me tell u this.. IT IS SUCIDE.. AND SUCIDE WITH A BIG S, if you ever answer "no, sir." for this kinda questions..

and just like any self-respecting human with a will a live, we said yes..

SUDDENLY, he ask for a volunteer to present, right here, right now..

and holy cow, when no one wants to do it, i find myself shooting up my hands after 5 seconds.. and 5 seconds is a very long moment of silence, especially in front of the course commander.. try counting it..

so out to the front i go, gathering all the weather information, runway information and stuff like that.. and with all the experience i had in public speaking, in giving presentations, I FELT VERY NERVOUS! i had the never-before "gasp for air in mid sentence" syndrome a few times in the brief! you know, like u are super nervous and you get choked on your own words and if uncontrolled, you could let out an embarassing "GA.."

thank goodness i did not "Ga" during my brief and managed to cover up that choke with a what appeared like an "intentional pause"..

yes, i was frightned out of my balls.. seriously..

but after the brief, (which he throughly scruntinzed my powerpoint slides, ready to pounce on my mistakes and humiliate me) - (and hell yes they do that.. they say HUMILIATE you..), he looked at me, the purple aura shimmering and said,

"Very good."

although its just that, ITS ENOUGH..

the tigeress has opened her mouth to give a tiny yelp of encouragement.. and i was thinking to myself that i got a good start off le.. haha..

but just today, about 1 hour ago, the "Boss", otherwise called the Head AGC, unleashed an tsunami on the course.. some idiot do not know how to use a washing machine and totally destroyed the washing machine.. somehow reminds me of jianwei, coz the washing machine really became a train, chugging away loudly, trembling on the floor and leaking black smelly water...

that caused the floor, which is carpeted, to be stained and now the place stinks..

and that, pissed off the Boss..

so now, its a weekend confinement - AGAIN!

yeah, i haven't seen the town yet since i came.. haiiizz... thank goodness the pub is in the compound and we can go chill out there.. so, its pretty ok lar.. just think of it as the boss is helpingus save money.. and although i hate to say it, we deserve the punishment too.. if i were the Boss, i would whack my students too.. haha..

weather here is still damn cold.. its supposed to be summer now, yeah, but its COLD.. in the middle of the night, temperature can go down to 8 degrees celsius! in the morning, the sun is out by 5.30am, and it will be about 12 to 17 degrees, with very strong wind, making it colder than ever.. afternoon, temp goes up to about 26 to 30 degrees, but now its still very windy, so its very chilly, sunny and dry..

dry.. its really very very dry.. luckily i heeded my mum's advise to bring moisturiser.. at first i act garang, dun wanna apply.. then i see my face start hardening, my lips start cracking and my limbs began peeling.. whoa, really stunned! then quickly apply my favourite Baby Johnson don't know what moisturiser..

but unfortunately, i didn't listen to my mum and bring my sweater.. now, i can only tremble at night and pray i dun wake up an ice block...

mum know best.. and i miss her..

i miss my entire family, my doggie, my Sheh Shi Man, my bed, my TV and my friends.. I miss home food, miss Heineken ( they got beer here, but i haven seen a Heineken yet).. its really damn difficult to be away from home for so long.. haiiizzz..

i should be starting to fly next week liao.. lets hope that the weather tones down abit, coz the wind is gonna kill us badly and the Course commander has warned that it can be the factor leading us to failure..

woooooo...

haiiizz..
well, its almost dinner time for me now, 5.45pm liao..

you guys take care! and please blod something.. i will try to come read if i can..

regards,
mak

No comments: